Monday, January 17, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

Hello all,

I'm feeling somewhat better. Still sore...my head is much better just sensitive now. And my back is still very sore, but I'm still so thankful that I wasn't hurt even more. Thank you for all your sweet comments, I'm so blessed to have such great family, friends, and bloggy friends too!

Before my accident I told a friend at school I would make a smash cake for her little girl's first birthday, and I didn't want to disappoint her by not making it. So, I rested in between baking and icing the cake...but I like how it turned out:
 She is going to have her pictures made with this cake and then next weekend I'll make another one for her birthday party! Such a cute idea!
 Saturday the Mr. wanted me to get out for a little bit. C and her sweet husband were coming into town to go shopping so we met them for lunch! I'm so lucky, I got to see C two weekends in a row! She also surprised me with this:
 YUMMY! She knows me so well! KK is my FAVORITE!!! I think they really helped with the healing process! ;)

I've been taking it easy because this week is going to be super busy...going back to school after a week off because of the snow, grad school will start this week (it was supposed to start last week, but was closed due to snow too), ASP, small group, and much more!

The Mr. and the pups have taken good care of me while I've been healing. The Mr. has been a super nurse! He's given me my meds and fed me well! Lucy and Ethel have been great snugglers:


2 comments:

  1. I will nee a smash cake in about 8 months :) as well as a cake (or maybe cupcakes) for WRG's party! We will come up with a cute theme and I will help you! But I'm sure I will need your help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you're feeling better!! And that cake is precious!!! You are talented! annnddd... Krispy Kreme donuts are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete