Friday, January 14, 2011

Bye Big Red

So, yesterday started out normal...well kind of. Day number 4 of no school because of the snow/ice. I wanted to get out of the house, so I called my BFF M, and asked her if she wanted to ride with me to campus to get my ID for grad school.

The roads weren't bad on the way to M's. Got her and headed to campus. Well, we hit black ice...car went crazy and we ended up in a ditch. But we were fine! I called the Mr. and he said he was on his way to get us out of the ditch.

Well a few minutes later we were hit head on from another truck who hit the black ice. It was so scary to know we were about to be hit and couldn't do a darn thing about it!The Mr. was on the phone with me when we got hit so he heard everything.

Everyone was okay that was in the wreck...just banged up a bit!

My neck/back is super sore and is causing alot of pain...and I have a massive knot on my head! It's pretty impressive...M made me laugh alot throughout the whole day. I was taken to the ER for x-rays of my neck. And was discharged about 2.5 hours after getting there.

Headed home with meds...hopefully they will help!

Here are some pics for you to see...I'm pretty sad about my car...I love "Big Red", such a safe car. AND...we just picked it up last Friday and had to pay $700 to have it fixed!














12 comments:

  1. How scary! Glad you're alright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh, that must have been terrifying! Glad you're okay...hope your soreness goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Thank God that everyone is okay! You must have been so scared. Looks like you'll be car shopping very soon! Hope that your head and neck are feeling better. Ouch! That knot is huge! Did you get a concussion (sp?)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean....seeing a car coming at you head on and you not being able to do anything is scary! I am so glad that you and "M" are ok! I love you and can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely terrifying! Thank goodness you're alright, if not a little banged up. I can't imagine knowing you were going to get hit and not being able to stop it. So terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are ok! That must have been frightening!! Insurance should cover the repairs on your car hopefully or are they writing it off?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad my baby is okay. You were truely protected, the pictures look as if you could have been hurt so much more. Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black ice is absolutely terrifying, just imagine Amy Wade navigating us through ice...scary!! I'm so glad you're okay, God was definitely looking out for you. I'm sorry about Big Red too, I would cry if something happened to Shawanda the Honda! Your kids will think you are so tough when you go back to school with a huge knot and bruise on your head :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! So sorry to hear about your misfortune! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone was looking out for you that day!!! Thank the Lord you are doing just fine now!!!

    ReplyDelete