Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Let's Play Catch Up!

Long time no blog...sad days...but hopefully I'm back...crazy time of year for everyone!

Last time we met I was sharing our wonderful Spring Break! But...

This is what our laptop looks like:

So that's why I haven't uploaded Spring Break Part II. I will as soon as we get the disc back from Best Buy...The Mr. put the laptop on top of the car and then drove off. No good.

So onto other things...


The weekend after we had Spring Break the Mr. and I attended a marriage conference. I know what you are thinking...a marriage conference? Well, it was actually wonderful and really helpful! It was a weekend reminding/teaching us how to make sure God is at the center of our marriage and putting the focus on becoming ONE instead of just two individuals married. It was put on by Family Life and it was called A Weekend To Remember. We walked away super refreshed and with some new things to do to help our marriage now and in the future! 

A part of the weekend was to have a date night! I'm all for some date nights! :) The Mr. planned a very fun night! We went to a place in Atlanta called Agatha's! It was SOO much fun! It's a mystery dinner theater! Yummy food and GREAT entertainment!!
 Before we left for our date night! Isn't he just so handsome!
 Our parts! Everyone gets a part of the show! And if it's a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary you get a bigger part! The Mr. and I had to sing with about 20 other people! It was very funny!
This was the show we went to, very funny too because I used to LOVE Grey's Anatomy! (Haven't watched it in two years though.) It was very funny though!


Last week was very busy at school! We had parent-teacher conferences for three days, so we had early release. All of my conferences went smoothly! We also went on a field trip to the UGA Art Museum...it was super cool! The kids got to do art too! It was sketch art.

This past weekend was super busy as well, but fun!

Friday night we had a cook out with our small group! Everyone brought their own meat and a side and we all shared! It was super yummy! Also, we played "Just Dance" for the Wii! O my goodness we have been missing out! SOO much fun! The Mr. and I want a Wii pretty bad now so we can compete in dancing!

Saturday was the first Saturday for our local farmers market! So M, B and myself all ran from our house to the market...it was such a pretty morning! The Mr. met us there and we all got some goodies! I was able to get some errands done and then my sweet MIL stopped in for lunch, she was driving through. It was great to sit down and chat with her for a little bit! And we ate some yummy cupcakes from the new cupcake place in town! YUMMY! Even better than the ones we usually get from the ATL!
The place is called Gigi's! AMAZING! The Mr. and I tried another local one earlier last week and let's just say that cardboard tasted better, so we were VERY happy to find an amazing cupcake place in our town! After lunch and cupcakes the Mr. and I headed to a wedding! It was a super fun night! I'll post pictures from that later!
Sunday was great too! Church in the morning and then my bff C and her family came for lunch! The Mr. and I cooked yummy grilled chicken, rice and strawberry salad! It was great to visit and I got to kiss on WRG!! We took them to Yoforia for dessert! C always hears me talking about it, so we took them to see how wonderful it is!
We've had some wonderful times in the past weeks! I truly have alot to be thankful for! I was kind of down with all the not so happy stuff that has happened to us, but I'm putting my trust in the Lord! (I'm not perfect at it, but I'm trying very hard!)

4 comments:

  1. I've heard about Agatha's and how fun it is!! What a great date night! and I just saw Gigi's the other day on my way to church! Glad to hear it's good! Next time I'll have to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about that conference! :)

    Glad that things are shaping up. God has big plans- keep trusting Him, sweet girl. It'll be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to go to a mystery dinner theater, how different and fun! Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about that conference on K Love and so wanted to go. My Mr. has zero interest in that kind of thing, though. Sadly.

    But your date night sounds so fun! How sweet of him to plan a night out!

    And all of your talk about Toms has me curious. I must research them. What style are they?

    ReplyDelete