Sunday, December 19, 2010

Beanie Babies?

So when I was younger, I collected these great things called Beanie Babies! I'm sure you know what I'm talking about! Well between my sisters and I we probably have 200 of them! Of course we have out grown them. My mom was cleaning out her storage and gave them to me.



Well the Mr. had an idea that I wasn't too sure about but did anyways...His idea: Give each of my students a Beanie Baby for Christmas. So, I did. And they LOVED LOVED LOVED them!! I went through and picked one for each child based on their personality and interests. I wish I had a video of their reactions when they walked in to see a Beanie Baby on their desk!



My big "mature" 5th graders became little kids with these little stuffed animals!

They played with them and called them by their names! We even did math to see how old each of their Beanie Babies were.


And then our ESOL teacher came in and promoted them to write a story about their Beanie Baby. Which were soo cute!!

It was one of the best gifts I've given! Thank you Mr. for suggesting it! And thank you Mom for finding our Beanie Babies!


Little Christmas cheer with some Beanie Babies!


2 comments:

  1. I think I probably have 200 of these in my house.. my grandpa used to buy the new ones that came out each week and bring them to us! Now they're toys for our puppy.. but that was such a wonderful idea!! I know those kids were thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! What a great thing to do with them!

    ReplyDelete