Monday, June 24, 2013

My Cousin's Wedding!

Saturday morning we flew up to Chicago to attend my cousins wedding! It was such a fun quick trip! And we were so glad to be apart of their very special day! 

The ceremony was at 1pm and it was beautiful! The groom and his family are Assyrian so the ceremony was held in their church and was very traditional. 
My cousin and her Dad

Her Dad giving her away...I LOVED her dress!


S's mom fixing her vail!

Frist kiss as husband and wife!



The beautiful couple and my Aunt J and Uncle L


Cousin pic! My Cousin D, the A's and the Mr. and myself


The beautiful bride after the ceremony. Then they were off for more pictures. The reception wasn't until 6pm so we went back to my Aunts house...S's mom's house for some snacks and rest. It was wonderful to spend the afternoon with family! 

Then we headed out for the reception. My Aunt had told me that 600 people would be there and I was blown away...and when we walked into the reception hall I was floored! It was BEAUTIFUL!

1 of the 50 tables! 


The cake!

Head table 

Up close of my spot

Panorama of the whole hall...it was so pretty!

Panorama of the dessert table...and what is glowing was ice sculptures with their names!

up close of some of the desserts

Fun mirror pic

The grooms mother made a lot of very special things for the actual ceremony and she made all the women these fancy scarfs to dance with at the reception! 

My handsome date!

My Aunt J



My sweet cousin S!

Ice sculptures

My Aunt S...the brides mom!

Coming into their reception





The cane is part of the Assyrian wedding tradition.


Cutting the cake!

It was a wedding that I will never forget! It was beautiful, fun and so full of culture! We loved learning and being apart of the traditions. And the food was amazing! 

The groom F and his family really know how to party and celebrate! It was so neat to see their traditional dances. I took this video so yall could see how cool this was! Everyone gets up and does the same dance! And let's just talk about how beautiful all these people are! My cousin and her husband will have BEAUTIFUL babies! :) 



Congrats to the A's! Love you guys so much!



1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures! This looked like a gorgeous wedding!!

    ReplyDelete