Wednesday, May 1, 2013

8 inches!

Yesterday was a great day at my school! Three students (2 fourth graders and 1 second grader) have been working on a year-long independent enrichment project about cancer. They were trying to help solve a real-world problem of when cancer paients lose their hair. So they teamed up with Pantene Pro V Beautiful Lengths and arranged for four hair stylist to come in and cut teachers and students hair.
[Longest my hair has ever been!]

[Four of the teachers]

 [All of our long hair before the big cuts!]
It was such a fun morning! The girls worked so hard on this project! Eight teachers in our building got their hair cut and 12 girls! The girls also arranged for someone to come in and do make up and nails. They even cooked brownies for all the participants to enjoy! It was so amazing to be apart of their amazing project!

[K one of the amazing teachers I work with]



[I loved my hair stylist! He is my principals hair stylist!]


[Holding my pony tale!]

I haven't had a major hair cut in over four years so this was huge for me! Ha! I know it will grow back to quick especially with being pregnant. It felt great to cut it off for such a great cause! It's the LEAST I can do for someone who has cancer.

The event was so big that our local newspaper came out for it! You can read the story here.
I am so blessed to work at such an amazing school where such cool students are working so hard everyday to change others lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment