Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mommy Thoughts...

The summer started out slow but now I feel as though it's speeding by. There were so many unknowns at the beginning of the summer, mostly with the Mr.'s job. But now that we know where he will be working and his schedule it's made things speed up. Also, since I started teaching summer school I feel like my summer is speeding away from me because I'm away from my babies for 5 hours a day. I'm trying to soak up every minute with them. 


It's been a simple summer and I'm okay with that. Our children are little and enjoy being at home with their beds and toys. I've enjoyed playing with TJH while the girls nap and teaching him some of the basics, like his ABC's, colors, and numbers. And it's been so fun to see the girls grow this summer...crawling, pulling up and babbling a ton. My favorite is when all three play together. 

As I gear up for my 6th year of teaching I'm excited, nervous and sad all at the same time. I can't wait to meet my new class and really work hard with them all year. I always get a little nervous that I'll be able to do everything I want/need to do with my students. And of course I'm so sad to leave my babies at home to go to work. But working makes my evenings, weekends and holidays super special. I pray often that the time I have with my babies that I'm patient and kind. We aren't guaranteed tomorrow and I need to show them I love them and treat them like precious gifts. 
To be honest, I'm a little nervous how our lives are going to change with both the Mr. and I working at the same time. We've been blessed since before TJH was born for the Mr. to be home with us and the babies. I'm worried about how TJH will be...he's had one of us home with him most of his life. I'm sad I'll/Mr. will miss out on big moments with the girls. I'm really trying to preplan things like cooking, cleaning, packing lunches and such. I know my children will be well taken care of while we are working. I know they will be loved, fed and played with a lot. I'm just sad it won't be me or the Mr. 

So, for the next two and half weeks I'm going to enjoy being home with my babies and having the Mr. home with us. I'm going to soak up every moment...even the tough ones. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment