Monday, February 28, 2011

5K? Well maybe!

Saturday we ran a 5K...well kind of!

M, J, the Mr. and I all signed up to run a local 5K...we headed over early to ride together. Got to the race and got all settled! We were ready and excited! It was J's first 5K and the Mr.'s 2nd one. The race started off great! BIG HILLS but a good race! Well I get to one part of the race and there are no signs and about 15 people yelling where to go and what to do. Well, I have my jams going loud on my iPod. I go one way and they say, no that's wrong...go this way....no go this way. I was all sorts of confused. I just ran. Well I went the wrong way...
I ended up only running about 2.3 miles of the 3.1. So, I went through the finish line in about 23.31. Great time for a 5K...not part of one! haha!

M did great! Came in 2nd in her age division. The Mr. did better on his second 5K and J did great too! We all just laughed about what happened to me. And come to find out, it happened to ALOT of runners! Next year I hope they have better signs!


2 comments:

  1. that sounds like something that would happen to me!! haha but now you can tell people you have an awesome time for your 5k! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I will sign up for a race one of these days!

    ReplyDelete