Friday, October 15, 2010

RIP

RIP:

Skipper

(our classroom pet fish)


Yesterday afternoon was a sad time in my classroom. Our class pet, Skipper, passed away. Well, actually he didn't go peacefully. Another child in another classroom put his hand and pencil inside of his bowl the afternoon before. My students were so upset, but also said that Skipper went to a better place. The students were upset, because they had grown to love our little Beta.


I assured them that we would have a new class pet, they asked if we could name the new fish Skipper, and one child piped up and said, "No, there can only be one Skipper in our classroom, and no fish could live up to Skipper!" It was so sweet too, because some of the kids were like Mrs. H, it will be okay! :)


We will miss our pet fish, Skipper!


I'll keep yall updated on our new addition to the classroom family!


1 comment:

  1. Awwe I remember how sad that was back when I was in school. At least that kid didn't kill it on purpose like the girl in my 4th grade class did with our hamster just so she could bury it in her back yard so no one else could take it home. Sad but true. LOL!

    ReplyDelete