Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We are officially DINK's!!!!!!!!!!!(Double Income No Kids)
I got a JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am beyond excited and so blessed! God has answered all the prayers that have been prayed for me to get a teaching job!!


I had that one interview last week and it went great but they picked the other person. The principal was sooo nice and said he was going to refer me to two other principals in the county that were hiring. I was upset but knew something good was going to come from all of it. Well it did...that was Wednesday and by Friday I already had another interview lined up with one of the schools hiring!! She wanted to meet with me Tuesday(meaning today) and then I got another call on Sunday for an interview for Monday(yesterday). So I went to the interview yesterday and it was TOUGH...but still good. I was still really looking forward to todays interview because I had a better feeling about it and it's a brand new school. So I went to the interview today and she hired me on the SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!


I will be teaching at J. J. Harris Elementary in Clarke County! I will be teaching 5th grade!!! I couldn't be more excited!! Since this is the first year of the school being opened they gave the upcoming 5th graders a choice if they wanted to come to the new school or stay where they were. So we only have two 5th grade classes for this year. I will be teaching Language Arts and Social Studies and the other teacher will be teaching Math and Science. So the kids will switch classes!!


I'm going Thursday to tour the school with the principal because the school is so NEW it's not even open yet! She thinks we will move into our classrooms by the end of the month! I'll post pictures from my tour!!:)



Thank you thank you thank you to EVERYONE who prayed for me and Eric through this journey of job searching. I know so many of you have really thought and prayed for us. God is totally in control! Don't we serve an AMAZING God?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

  1. seriously?!?!This is so AWESOME- you know I don't use this term anymore but it is the only way I can describe it. Really I am in tears... I am so happy for you!!! I hope you love your school and all the students. I'm so glad you're a dink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be such a great teacher!! I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete