Friday, May 15, 2009

Car problems=my life!

As many of you know I've never had the MOST reliable cars! But since I married into the Hammarlund family they have done their VERY best to keep me in a car that is SAFE and RELIABLE!

So Wednesday was a very productive day for me! I made my way down to the Athens-Clarke County Court House to visit the Social Security Office...let me just way I felt so GROSS after leaving that office. I went to have my name changed on my social security card...I know I know, 9 and half months late but it's done! I said many prayers for people sitting in that office over hearing what their lives were like.

Anywho...I make it back out to my car so excited because my car was still there with no ticket and still time on my parking meter! I get into my wonderful car and try to start it. It won't start. I don't freak out at first...I try again, and again, and again. Then I call the Mr. He's across town and can't get to me for a while. So next person I call is my wonderful mother-in-law(I need to come up with a better name than that, I hate that 'in-law' part) and she tells me she will call the family mechanic and get back with me. In the meantime Fritz, (his first name is Ryan but we all call him Fritz) calls and says," I hear your car won't start, where are you, I'm coming!" I become so relieved!

Okay so with the help of Jeff(family mechanic) and Fritz(who redoes old cars and knows his car stuff) we can't get my car to start. We've checked the battery, fluids, gas line, oil and much more. Just as we are about to call a tow truck to come this older very nice gentleman comes up to us(now remember we are outside the court house) and says in a VERY southern accent, "Now, son I'm not going to tell you what to do but I bet if you push that car into the street it will start! I'll be happy to help ya sir."

Now to back up just a minute....my car does do this thing if your parked on a hill and low on gas it won't start. But I was NOT parked on a hill and my gas light was NOT on.

So with the help of Fritz and the gentleman we pushed the car into the street and of course it started right UP!

HOW EMBARRASSING!!!

I called my mother-in-law(still thinking of another name for that) and she died laughing! Now, the Mr. didn't think it was as funny as we did. O well. I felt SO stupid...but there really was no hill and my gas was above that big E.

My hair is no longer blond, so I don't really have any other excesses...I guess just to make people laugh! :)

1 comment:

  1. omg! Poor Lah! you always have some sort of crappy car problem. Is this is the blue car? You got rid of your Cabario right? And I laughed so hard thinking of being horrified at the social security office...making your lindsayann face. it is always so sad in those places. i love you and im glad everything turned out ok and you got home safe.

    ReplyDelete