Monday, February 16, 2009

A Married Valentines Day!

How was your love day?
Ours was different this year but good!
The family I nanny for needed me to stay overnight Friday night. So I stayed with the kids all day Friday and Saturday. And took the two girls to CheerSport(the largest cheerleading competition in the world---20,000 people in the World Congress Center in Atlanta!) on Saturday...we left their house at 7am on Saturday and returned at 4:30pm. Their Mom realized at 1pm on Saturday that it was Valentines Day. She said she felt horrible and decided to come home for the night. So she returned home about 7:30 and then I was on my way back to Athens to see my Valentine!
We went and ate at our VERY favorite sushi restaurant in Athens. It was so yummy! When I got home I had handpicked flowers, a card, and theses beautiful cookies! :)


Sunday we spent together! We visited a church...it's so hard visiting churches because you compare them all to your home church. But we are going in open-minded to each church we visit. Hoping to find a great church here! Then later in the day we went on some of the walking trials in Athens. It was such a great day to spend together.
The family I nanny for is absolutely wonderful! They have four children so it keeps me busy but I sure do love them! Below is Natalie Claire last week...we were making her Valentines for her class and the Valentines we got had tattoos. We decided that the boys didn't need the tattoos, so NC decided to put all the tattoos on her arms. She probably had 12 Disney Princess tattoos on her arms by the end of the day. Your probably thinking...great Nanny! haha But it kept her busy and she had fun! And hey, they wash off!! :)




Hope you have a great Monday!
P.S. I have a birthday boy as a husband this week! :)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I remember going with Whitney to Cheersport when she was cheering and I was coaching - it was HUGE. It was also a lot of fun.

    Did your hubby make those beautiful cookies? If so, wow! I'm impressed.

    We stayed in and ate a lot of yummy food. We had a little sushi, too, one of my favorites!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know at least 9 children besides your sisters that are so lucky to have/had you in their life!! You always enjoy and engage the children in your life. You give 150%, these children get back double that, having someone think you are important other than your family is so important.
    When you visit churches, see how important the children are, and see how they minister to them and THEIR PARENTS and you will find what I think is the true strength of a church! Being a member of a church can be compared to a marriage, once you find the one, commit to it with all your heart, serve it, and it will serve you!!

    ReplyDelete