Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Book Nerd

Dear friends,

Please always remember to pay your library fines!

You ask why I'm reminding you of this??? Well today I decided to find my local library and transfer my membership. Yes, I'm a member of the public library. If you are not a member I highly recommend you becoming a member. The library has way more than just books for your enjoyment. Yes, there are tons of books but also DVDs, CDs, book on CD, magazines, and so much more!

So when I reached the counter to transfer my membership the sweet librarian(she actually wasn't too sweet) informed me that I owe $1.80. I felt horrible. How did I occur this debt? I thought back and tried to remember when I returned my books LATE. I remembered shortly after handing her the money. Then I went on my way to explore this new library. I always feel out of place in a new library. Everyone there knows exactly where everything is...and you don't want to ask where things are because they may think your new or not a regular library visitor.

Leaving the Athens-Clarke County Public Library empty handed today was okay but I know I'll be leaving in the future with many good finds! :)

Love,
Your Secret Library Lover

1 comment:

  1. I hope the library there is better than the Fayette County Library. The children's sections are usually pretty good but the research and adult sections are usually lacking! I love the regional library in Griffin or of course GSU's library. I just love books!!

    ReplyDelete