Wednesday, January 14, 2009

PERFECT House!

Eric and I found our first house!!! (We are not buying yet.)

Sunday afternoon Eric and I went house hunting around Athens! It was such a great afternoon and towards the end of our afternoon we found this house. We parked in the driveway and walked up and looked inside the windows. At first sight I was so excited, but Eric was like I don't know. The outside looked purple(the sun was setting though). So I called the number and a woman answered. I asked her about the house and we set up an appointment. I was so thrilled but Eric kept saying there may be something better.

So last night we met with the sweet woman at the house. We walked in and just knew it! It's the PERFECT first house! Perfect size, perfect kitchen, perfect yard! And perfect price for us! :)

We go and sign our lease on Friday! I'm so excited! I thought it would take us forever to find a house that was good for us for right now...but I was wrong...God answered a prayer for us in the perfect time!

I'll take some pictures Friday and post them! :)

P.S. I asked the lady about the color of the outside of the house...it's not purple. She said she took a Hershey Kiss to the paint shop and asked for that color! So we are calling our new home the Hershey House! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to come visit Hershey House!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finding your new home! That is so exciting. I can't wait to see pictures. You will be absolutely wonderful at decorating it - you had a great mom to teach you the ropes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! THAT's AWESOME!!! Oh, and P.S. I love that you guys and kbroome have blogs...but sometimes when I read them I get sad because I miss you guys! CONGRATS AGAIN! I can't believe you're going to be in athens!

    ReplyDelete