Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Missing College...

Okay so today was the first day since I graduated almost a month ago that I got really sad.

Today is the first day of classes at West Georgia...and I'm sitting at home with nothing to do. I've never had nothing to do...it's so weird and I don't like it. I miss the days of getting up at the crack of dawn for class, having lunch, going to work, working out, running errands around Carrollton and coming home to the sorority hall filled with my best friends! I miss studying and doing projects. I miss having tons of sorority meetings. Yes, you may think I'm weird for missing all of this...but it was my life for the past 5 years and now I feel like I don't have anything to do. I miss never having a break and having jammed packed days and weekends. Now I have this degree and nothing to do. Seems so backwards.

I never thought I would be the person to graduate and not have a job lined up. I never thought I would be applying for jobs that don't even required a high school diploma. It's very sad to me to think that I worked my butt off to get a degree and can't even work. I know it's the economy and all of that and the time of year. And "O Lindsay Ann, you'll find the PERFECT job"...well I would like that "perfect" job now. I know God is in control but I'm not so sure why He has this plan for me. I'll know one day.

I'm sorry if this is a depressing post...I'm just venting and hoping to find some answers.

2 comments:

  1. The economy is soo sucky right now! Be patient and a job will find you! You're going to be a lovely little teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do something you have never had the time to do.Life doesn't usually give you extra time with nothing to do. Maybe you could help your mother-in-law get her baby photo albums up to date.LOL One thing I do know is life has it's twisits and turns and ups and downs,but all in all God will see you through:)
    Love you,Mom Hammarlund

    ReplyDelete