Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow Day 2009

Wow what a day! Who thought it would snow in Georgia on March 1st!! It was beautiful but very SCARY as well!


Grandma Hammarlund's house in Newnan

The Hammarlund's house in Peachtree City

Me and Eric with Lucy and Coral! We played in the snow! We thought there was alot in Peachtree City...we hadn't seen anything until we got home to Athens!


Our home in Athens!!


My car with all the snow!! I've never seen so much snow since the Blizzard of 93'!

Our poor flower boxes! SOO much snow!

This is so you can see just how much snow we had in Athens at 6pm!!!

Look closely! It says above 6 inches!!!!! WOW!! This was taken at about 9pm!

SOOOO much snow!!
Me and Eric were in Peachtree City and quickly headed back to Athens. I've never been more scared riding in the car. 316 is the main road to Athens and it was AWFUL! We saw a total of about 25 cars in the ditches! 3 car accidents! And when we got to Athens there was NO power anywhere!!! I thought for a little bit we might now make it home! But Eric got us home safely!! Thank goodness...I did alot of praying on the way home!!
Our power has flicked all night. We actually are lucky to have power...we are hoping it stays on! All the schools are cancelled here tomorrow including the University of Georgia. Totally a true SNOW DAY tomorrow! YAY!
Enjoy our video below! :)

It's currently 10pm and STILL snowing! I'll report again about how much snow we end up with!! I'm hoping for 8inches!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it is impressive! My work was closed too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got home safely! I heard that Athens really got a lot of snow. Is that awesome or what? I wish it would snow more often. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete