Saturday, March 21, 2009

Crazy week...got a call Tuesday morning that I wouldn't be needed to nanny for the rest of the week. So I kind of sat at home all day and did random things. Eric got home from work and I said to him, "man I wish I had known I wasn't working this week so I could have gone down to the boat with your family". He looks at me and says..."why don't you?!?" This was at 5:30...I was on a plane to Miami at 9pm the same night!! I picked up a rental car and made my way to the boat arriving in Key Largo at 1:30am. YAY!! I was only able to stay until Thursday afternoon but it was a great two day vacation!
Here are some sharks that I saw! :)

This is one of our friends that hangs out where the boat is docked! There are two of them and they just love to sun bathe!
Me and my sweet sister-in-law hanging out on the boat!!!


Me with my sister and brother-in-law about to dive in to scuba dive!! It was my first time diving since I got certified in November! I was so excited!! I saw a spotted eel while I was diving!!
I had a wonderful time getting out of Athens and spending some time in the saltwater and sun!Amie and I flew back Thursday evening and I headed straight to "Running of the Brides"!
One of my best friends, Hannah is getting married February 2010...she actually just won a FREE wedding a week and half ago. Well we went to an event called "Running of the Brides" Thursday night until Friday morning. A store in Atlanta has about 2,200 wedding dresses for EXTREME discount!! Like $9,000 dresses for about $500. People come from all over and camp out until the store opens and then they all literally RUN to get the dresses. Our team had 17 people and we were the 6th team in line! Most of our team arrived at 3pm on Thursday. The store didn't open until 8am Friday. We had so much fun and I only got about 30 min of sleep! It was insane! But so worth it!!!
Lauren came the morning of because she had her wisdom teeth out earlier in the week and wasn't feeling well...but she came and helped SOO much!

Hannah actually won a contest with Q100 and we got to go in first for 15 min before ANYONE else was in! It was SOOO awesome!!!

Let me tell you though...brides-to-be can be SOOO ugly when it comes to finding the dress of their dreams under these circumstances!!!! We had people stealing our dresses and trying to get inside of our circle and stealing our mirror. But all in all it was SO fun and Hannah found her dream dress or dresses! She bought two because she has time to decide and plus they were only $250 each!!! Who can beat that price!?!?!

Here are three of the FOUR with Hannah the BRIDE with her DRESSES!!! We missed Lexie. She had to work and couldn't be with us. But don't worry she got many texts and phone calls!!

All in all I had a great week! I was so happy to arrive back home to Mr. and Lucy. I think they both missed me and actually missed my cooking. Mr. said he ate hot dogs for two of the nights I was gone.

No worries...I'm back and looking forward to my next trip to the boat and next wedding event for one of my best friends! :)

2 comments:

  1. AW! LindsayAnn...you have the sweetest husband and in-laws. That's so awesome that you got to go on a mini vaca! And, I had no idea that Hannah won a contest that let you guys in like 15mins early...crazy.Jenni and I were talking- that's like having an hour in there before everyone else gets there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I'm needing a little beach time myself.

    And good for you helping with that dress shopping - I don't think I could be in that crowd! She got some gorgeous dresses.

    ReplyDelete