Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Furlough...


What is a furlough day you might ask? Well, it's a day that you don't work and you don't get paid. Pretty simple right?



Well I wasn't even sure what they were until last week. But as many of you know most Georgia school systems had to put in place furlough days to save money.



Clarke County's(the county I work for)furlough days were yesterday and today and then one more day in October. Most counties lock the building so that the teachers can't go in, but thank goodness my county did not do this! Many of us came to work yesterday and many will come today...because umm....THURSDAY is the FIRST day of school!!!!!



So, I've heard ALOT of complaining about the furlough days. I can understand some of the frustration...but really?!?! We have JOBS! No one should complain about 3 days off of your normal pay...that is nothing compared to the people who don't even have jobs!



So I just wanted to say...I'm thankful for these nice quite furlough days in my classroom and I am SOOO thankful for my JOB! :)

P.S. The reason for the delay on the pictures of my classroom is that they have to hang my coat rack...so I haven't been able to hang anything on that wall in my classroom. I know you all are on the edge of your seat...but I think they said they would be hung today!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment