Tuesday, August 4, 2009

THE classroom!

Okay here it is!!! It's still not done but it's getting there! :)


It's an underwater ocean theme!

Pocket Chart for Essential Questions and Jobs

Parts of Speech--notice they are underwater!


One of the 4 walls...we will be getting computers soon to put on those two large tables.

The We Are Out sign...I have options to Velcro on for when we go to different things in the building.


Birthday Beach--waiting to get my final list to put their birthdays under their sand castle!


Birthdays, Calender, Passes, Emergency Map.


Back bulletin board

Up-close...each sea creature has a kids name on it.

Reading Corner...hopefully inviting to those who don't love reading.

Part of the reading corner.

Place to display EXCELLENT work--behind the flip-flops are close-pins to clip up the work.

Front bulletin board--will only be up for about 2 weeks...just until the kids get to know me.


Bulletin Board, SmartBoard, and White Board

Name Plates

My desk! :)

Looking from my desk out onto students

Looking from the corner with the White Board



I think that is all for now...I'll update with more pictures as we add important things to our wall as a class!



Thank you for all of you that waiting so patiently for the pictures! :)





4 comments:

  1. That is the cutest theme ever!! I'm an Aquarium Science major - so I totally love it! It's strange a but a fun room/atmosphere makes for more learning as opposed to a boring plain walled room! And I LOVE the reading corner - so creative (: Good luck this school year.

    (PS - I'm a new reader, I love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! The reading corner is so so cute! Is that a little palm tree on your desk? The room looks very inviting, I am sure the kids will love it and of course they are going to love you! Six hours a day with you...I'm jealous!

    Mommie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most bad ass looking classroom! Everything is so perfect looking, it looks like you've been doing that for years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your classroom Lindsay Ann, You did an awesome job and I am glad to hear it went well on your first Day! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete