Thursday, June 24, 2010

Devotion...

I know I already posted today, but when I was having my quite time this morning and I read my devotion, I had to share it.


In Full View


A man's ways are in full view of the Lord, and He examines all his paths (Proverbs 5:21).
Scripture: Proverbs 5:21-23



"Grandma, do you have eyes in the back of your head?" This is the same question my own children once asked. To their amazement, as a mother and grandmother, I always seemed to know when someone was into mischief.


Usually time-out followed the misdeed. And then I would hear a trembling, "I'm sorry. I won't do that again." I would kiss away the tears and forgive the child.


The Lord doesn't need eyes in the back of His head. I'm reminded of this whenever I fly. Depending on which direction I'm heading, I can see from the east to the west or from the north to the south. And so it is with God. He sees every path I take, whether it is good or bad.


Even knowing this doesn't mean I always take the good route. The above verses from Proverbs scare me a bit, for if I take the wrong path, I might not get back on the right way! I know God forgives me when I repent and turn back to Him. But I'd rather not grieve Him with my mischievous wanderings.


1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I left you a little something on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete