Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy July!


One more month of summer for me...seems like it just started...o it did...o well! I'll enjoy every minute that I have left!


Wednesday night we are our small group over for dinner for A's birthday! The Mr. cooked up a VERY yummy dinner of ribs, chicken, shrimp, his FAMOUS potatoes, corn on the cob, Caesar salad and fruit!! I'm so lucky to be married to such an amazing cook! I served as his assistant: setting the table, serving drinks, preparing an horderve, etc. We had a wonderful evening filled with friends, laughter and of course yummy food!



Miss Lucy and Baby Ethel have had a wonderful summer! Lots of slumber parties with Athena Jean, swimming, playing and sleeping!

Miss Lucy is such a model!

I can't believe how big Baby Ethel is getting! It makes me sad and happy all at the same time!!



So I made the best smoothie today!

Here is what I used plus some milk...all fresh fruit, yogurt and of course ice. I really don't measure anything...I just use one banana...about 4-5 strawberries and a handful of blueberries. It's probably 1/2-3/4 cup of yogurt and just enough milk to get the blender going.


It was the PERFECT lunch!


Finished product!!
Great for a hot summer day lunch!


What's your favorite thing to make in the summer?



P.S. I just found out there is another season of Teen Mom with all the same people starting on July 20th! Don't judge me for loving this show! I can't help it!

2 comments:

  1. AH! I love teen mom, we always make Amy watch it and she complains, but we all know she secretly loves it :) and that smoothie looks sooo good, I might have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah!! I am soo excited too!! I will be putting it in the Tivo!! Especially since that is my actual due date!! Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete