Sunday, January 3, 2016

JOY:my word for 2016

A few weeks ago we had a sermon at church about joy. It hit me hard and left me thinking and praying a lot about this subject with the Lord. 

I choose to focus on joy in my life in 2016.  I want to find joy in all that I do with work, family, home, friends and even more with the Lord. 

I don't find myself to be a negative person at all but I think that I worry sometimes about things. I need to put all my trust in the Lord. 

In the sermon our pastor talked about joy robbers...
-financial stress
-dissension in the home
-bad attitude
-anxiety and worry
-pain and suffering

I know personally I've let all of these areas rob my joy! Let's be honest...who can have tons of joy when you are budgeting on two teacher incomes! ha! Dissension in the home is true for a lot of people...I know I am guilty of not seeking to first understand instead of waiting to be understood. And who doesn't have a bad attitude when changing the 4th stinky diaper of the day! ha! But all jokes aside their is scripture that helps with all of these areas! 

And one area that I'm really focusing on is my health...this has stolen my job a lot. I don't feel good a lot of the time and this has to do with my eating and lack of exercise. I've fallen off the wagon but I'm back on. I know working on myself with help with my joy a lot. But even more praying for the Lord to help me with my health.

When it comes down to it...my joy comes from the Lord!! 

The verse that I will keep close all year long:
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." -1 Thessalonians 5:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment