Thursday, August 13, 2015

Motherhood

Motherhood is a beautiful thing. It's not always beautiful though...

I have found lately that prayer is so important in being a mama. I pray constantly that I can be the best mama my kids need. Sometimes I have to stop in the kitchen and pray while all three are screaming at me. I am not perfect. I 100% know that. But I do know I can be a better mama when I rely on the Lord and not myself. 


I know time with my babies is so important. Our time is limited during the week. But I do savor the moments I have with them in the mornings on the way to school. We love to talk and sing and pray on the way to school. I love the bedtime moments when they have calmed down and are all clean. I love hearing them talk to each other in the bathtub while the Mr. gives them a bath and I am folding clothes. I love those sleepy eyes in the morning looking up at me. Goodness, there are so many moments I love. But I have to keep myself focused on these sweet moments during the tough moments. And relying on the Lord more in those moments of frustration. 

Sometimes I wonder why I was blessed with three babies so quickly and close together. And as soon as I question the Lord always reminds me...this is my task in life. Yes, I have a job outside of our home but being a mama is the job He gave me. I am so thankful for this job and I will never become tired or sick of it. Even in tough moments. My prayer is that my children will always know I love them and always make them feel important and that they will know they are the best job I've ever been given. 

Motherhood is a beautiful job. 


No comments:

Post a Comment