Sunday, April 14, 2013

Names :)

When thinking of our babies names we put a lot of thought into it. We knew for sure our next boy name that we would use and it would be family names. But for girl names we both were drawn to not using a family name. To be honest, we didn't have any female family names that we were dying to use. So we just decided to make them original!
 
Well since I have a double name, I've always loved thinking of my little girl having a double name too. The Mr. isn't originally from the South so he doesn't really understand the whole double name thing. :) But we both agreed on a double name that we both loved. I have always loved the name "Emma" and I knew I wanted to use it as a double name and I just love "Kate" so I put them together.
 
So, we knew we would use "Emma Kate" for a girl name. When we found out it was twins we had to start thinking of another girl name and boy name. We couldn't agree on a second boy name at all. We knew would use "Jackson Hayes" for our boy name. But for the second name, well I won't even tell you the name because I wasn't a fan of it at all. ha! We did decide that the Mr. could name the second girl name since I was the one who came up with "Emma Kate".
 
After we left our ultra sound on Thursday, I told the Mr. he needed to name the other girl! :) He went to class and came home with a beautiful name. He had the first name for sure but wasn't sure about a middle name. We threw a few things around but then the Mr. had a great idea and it meant a lot to both of us. He came up with "Olivia Cay". Cay is from the Mr.'s favorite place on Earth...the Bahamas. I thought it was very original!
 
 
I thought it was fun for both of us to name one of the twins. :)
 
So the babies will be "Emma Kate" and "Olivia" Cay.
 
 
And I just know Tucker John will be the best big brother ever! 

1 comment:

  1. Both names are beautiful! I can't wait to meet Emma Kate and Olivia!

    ReplyDelete