Friday, March 1, 2013

Baby Hammar 2&3

Yes!
 You read that right...Baby Hammar 2 & 3!!!!

We are having TWINS!!!!
Baby Hammarlund 2&3 is due in September!
We were pleasantly surprised to find out in January that our family would be expanding. We had talked about starting to try again this summer, but God really does laugh at you when you tell HIM your plans. He had another wonderful plan for us! We couldn't be more excited!
The kiddos will be 18 months apart. Both of our families have stair-step children in them and it has worked out great. We know it will be the same in our family. I'm excited that Tucker will have a siblings so close in age. My sister right under me is 5 years younger than me and it was tough when we were little. We are close now, but my sisters who are only 17 months apart are so close...of course they fight but their relationship is so special.
We are so blessed to have such supportive family and friends! Everyone has been so excited for us and our family.

So here's the timeline so far:

January 23...I was 5 days late and thought it might mean something but wasn't sure because after having Tucker my cycle has been a bit off. Test was POSITIVE! :)

February 9th...told our family at the end of Tucker's 1st Birthday party! We had all of our family in one spot and thought it would be a great time even though we were only 7 weeks pregnant. They were all so shocked and so excited!!



February 28th...first doctors appt!!!
And boy were we surprised!!
We thought it was going to be a normal appt and ultra sound. My doc was asking me all the normal questions about my pregnancy so far. I told her I was SO sick but I thought it was  girl and she was like well, you may be right. And then I was like I'm showing so early, and she said well, it's your second so you show sooner. Then she started the ultra sound. She said whoa...and I said,"It's twins!" And she said, "How did you know?" And I said, "I've had 3 very vivid dreams!" Which I did but kind of ignored because they are dreams...but now I might not be ignoring my dreams so much. ha!
There were two babies, two sacks and two placentas!
The Mr. and I just smiled and smiled!
We were so shocked!
We waited until we got home to call and tell our family and friends. The rest of the night it kind of a blur with telling friend and family and thinking about having three children under the age of 2!
 
We are SO excited and still so shocked!!
 
March 1st...telling my students
We played a little game of Hangman during Morning Meeting. My students were a littl confused about the word twins and when I said TWO babies they got so excited!! They are sad that they will be in 3rd grade when the babies arrive.
 
So here is what we know so far:
We are having twins.
They are in their own sacks but could still possibly be identical.
We will know more about ift hey are idential when we find out the genders.
I will carry to 38 weeks instead of 40 and we are praying for the full 38.
I will deliver mid September.
We will go to the doc much more with this pregnancy and have more ultra sounds.
I will visit a High Risk doc at 20 weeks for a more in depth appt.
We are SO blessed by the Lord to have these babies!
 
 
Thank you for all your prayers, love and support!
We are over the moon!
Here comes some crazy fun times ahead...and I told the Mr. last night...we are offically out numbered!
 
But o so blessed!
Crazy Beautiful Life!
love,
the Hammar family of 5
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe it! Twice the love! So amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for y'all! Can't wait to read all about your experiences! :)

    ReplyDelete