Monday, November 12, 2012

Student Teacher :)

I've mentioned a couple of times about the wonderful student teacher I had this semester. She is a GEM!
We met right before I left for maternity leave last Spring and I knew the moment I met her that she would be perfect for our classroom! Very excited and I could tell very hard working!

She became part of our classroom in August. Our students fell in love with her within the first day! She connected with them in the perfect/appropriate way and truly cared about them. She jumped right in with being a teacher in our room. Her enthusiasm was contagious for myself and the students. She spent hours preparing the best lessons to teach our students the new standards. Basically she was perfect for our students and for me. :) 

One of the best parts of having a student teacher is the relationships that are formed. Yes, I was a mentor to her in the sense of teaching, but we grew closer than that. Our daily chats were a blessing to me. I love having someone with new ideas and way to encourage our students. But the friendship that was formed is so  special to me too!  I know she will be a HUGE blessing in her new school! I cannot wait to hear and see all the wonderful things she does. 

The last week of us being together was bittersweet. She blessed me with sweet presents each day and on her last day there were a lot of tears! One of our students literally got under his desk and sobbed  Today is going to be rough not having her smile in our room and her hugs for the students. 

M with our students.

One of the sweet gifts she gave me! And the funnies thing was that I had made one for her too! Two great minds think alike!

The cutest shirt ever! She knows me so well! Monograms!!

The one she made me was so much cuter! :) 

This what the kids made her! 

And of course had to give her some goodies for her classroom! :)

M, you truly were a HUGE blessing in my life and all 19 of our kiddos lives! We are going to miss you. I wish you the very best with everything! And like we said, it's not goodbye! :)

Thank you again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment