Friday, October 5, 2012

Happiness...

Happiness..

What makes you happy?

New cars? Big houses? Fancy clothes? Lots of jewerly? All the new trends?

Of course there is a part of everyone of us that desires some or all of those items. It's human nature to want things. Everyone has something that they are wishing they had or could buy.

I try very hard to rely on God for my happiness. I try to look at what I do have an be happy. But I'm human, so of course I want things.

I do have material things, but more improtantly I have people. Family, friends and co workers. All of those are way more important than a new purse.

Also happiness comes from being okay with yourself, I beleive. The choices you make can cause happiness or sadness.

I got very frustrated this week with someone on Facebook. (Sometimes I really shouldn't read people who complain or brag constantly on Facebook.) She was unhappy working (all of this I know because of her Facebook statues) so now she is a SAHM. Now, she is unhappy with that. I understand that people struggle and put their daily thoughts and struggles on Facebook. But for some reason her complaint made me so upset. Does she know how many people would LOVE to be a SAHM? Does she realize that some people have dreamed about that since they were a little girl? Does she realize that is how some people were raised and want the same for their children?

Her post really made me step back and think about what I complain about. I know I do complain about things. But I try hard not to complain about my job...my job as a teacher or my job as wife or my job as a mommy.

Of course if I had it my way I would be a SAHM. But that isn't an option for me and may never be one. I do love my job and for having to be a working mommy I have the BEST job. It just upsets me when people take advantage what they have that others don't. Just be happy with what God has given you.

God has given me a wonderful job that helps take care of the financial side of things. But my job also is to teach 7 year olds and inspire them to want more. And my job as a mommy is to raise my child up in the way the Lord wants me to. I am happy with these jobs. I know I'm not perfect and sometimes I complain but at the end of the day I am happy. 


1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your honesty in this post. I sure love you and the wonderful person you are!

    ReplyDelete