Saturday, February 25, 2012

Week 3

Dear Tucker,

The weeks just keep getting better! I know I've said it every week so far...but goodness I can't believe you are 3 weeks old today!

This week you have been more alert. You love listening to me and Daddy talk to you when you wake up from your naps or when you're done eating...those are the times you are the most awake. We have "play" time after each feeding and you love to look around and listen.

On Sunday you met your great grandmother on Mommy's side. You enjoyed the visit with Gigi(Marmee), Honey, and Aunt Kendall!




You also help celebrate your Daddy's birthday! We had lunch with family and then we went to Mommy and Daddy's favorite sushi place for dinner with our friends T and J. You were so good!


Last week when we went to the doc, you weighed 7lbs 11oz...the doc said he wanted you to have gained more weight but he understood since we had been back in the hospital and my milk supply slowed down a bit. So this week we were scheduled to go back in...well on Monday we went to our first Bundles of Joy breastfeeding group. I got to weigh you then...8lbs 9oz!! WHOOP!! So proud of you! :) Then when we went to the doc on Wednesday you were up to 8lbs 13.4oz. Almost 9lbs big boy! :)



Mommy had to leave you for the first time this week to go to class for grad school. Daddy did an excellent job watching you! :) I thought I would get really upset when I had to leave you but I was very brave. Let's just say I'm glad I don't have to do that again until next week. Daddy sent Mommy pictures and videos while I was away.



You are starting to show some really cute expressions! :)




You only have one time of day that you aren't happy every moment...it's usually between 7-9pm. You want to eat more and you don't nap well during that time. But that's okay, Mommy and Daddy love holding you. Mommy has been told that this is called the "witching hour" and that most babies have a time a day when this happens. You sleep great at night! You usually sleep from about 9:30-12am and then 1-5am, 6-8am...the 5 hour stretch is wonderful! :) Your dr said it was okay to let you sleep that long because of your great weight gain. During the day you eat every 3 hours.

You watched your first Baby Einstein this week and seemed to enjoy it! We are doing tummy time for a few minutes each day too.

You had your first trip to the park! You loved strolling around in your stroller...you slept the entire time! :)


You ended your week with a special visit from our sweet friends R and her mom! Mommy forgot to take a picture. :( But you enjoyed your visit with them! And you also attended your first BBQ with Mommy and Daddy and some of Mommy's JLA friends!

It's been a wonderful week with you little boy! Mommy and Daddy love you so much!


1 comment:

  1. You guys had such a busy but fun week! Once I get completely recovered, I want to come visit Tucker again! He's growing, growing!

    ReplyDelete