Monday, December 19, 2011

Eric the Elf

So I started Elf on the Shelf as a tradition in my classroom because I don't have children of my own yet...well kind of but you get the point. I did it last year with my 5th graders and they played along but I know they didn't truly believe that the Elf was from the North Pole. Well this year, with 2nd graders, they truly believed that he was from the North Pole and that he really reported back to Santa. :) It was so fun! My students named him Eric and he was in our classroom from after Thanksgiving break until last Friday. At first he just watched the children and reported to the North Pole each night and we had to find him the next morning. But then towards the end Eric started to do some funny things! :) Here are some pictures of what Eric the Elf did in our classroom!:







The last day he left a Kiss on every students desk with some North Pole dust! The kids loved it! I cannot wait to do it with my sweet TJH when he gets old enough!!

3 comments:

  1. I love all of the things that Eric did! I want to get an elf for my students next year...a couple of them did it at home and they constantly reported to me what was going on and I want them to be like that with ours! Isn't there a movie, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your elf's name is Eric!!! SO stinking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an adorable idea! I'm not sure that my third graders would have gone along...but I wish I had tried.

    ReplyDelete