Sunday, August 21, 2011

Grown Up

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a grown up...and then I'm reminded very quickly. I have a job, a mortgage, bills, and lots of responsibilities. Being reminded by people isn't really necessary. Being grown up isn't bad at all and it actually has a lot of great perks. But when treated like a child as a grown up that can make someone upset.

Our lives are changing everyday and especially for the Mr. and I. We are going to be responsible for another life. That's a HUGE job. I hope that people will support our decisions and parent along with us...not for us. I pray that the Mr. and I will take most of our guidance from God while we take on the journey of being parents. Of course we are so excited and I know others are excited for us. Positiveness is the only thing needed.

The next few months will be filled with a lot of planning, preparing and praying. I pray that everyone that surrounds us really prays before speaking or interjecting. Wisdom from other parents is necessary when parenting or preparing for parenting but only when it's given with love.


Today's sermon spoke volumes to me. It's all about "Follow Me"...the sermon that Jesus preached a million times in his short life. I want to truly Follow HIM in this parenting adventure. HE knows what's best for our child and for us as parents. And I hope that I can be that example for my child by following what the Lords wants for my life and in my child's life.

It's wonderful to have a space where I can write down my thoughts, feelings and prayers. And of course share precious pictures of my dogs for now and soon to be our child. I hope this post is helpful not hurtful to anyone. I want others input and love, but only in a positive way.


Aren't my baby Ethel and Mr. just precious!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment