Wednesday, May 18, 2011

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!

It's the
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
WHOOOHOOO!
SUMMER IS HERE!

I cannot believe that I've completed my second year of teaching!
I've learned so much since stepping off that stage at graduation:

 I've learned that everyday is not perfect teaching. Some days are super hard, some are so fun, and some are just plain emotional.

It's okay to get emotionally attached to your students, I believe it makes you a better teacher.

It's okay when a lesson doesn't go the way you planned...there is always tomorrow.

 It's okay if you are having a bad day, just try to smile for your kids...even though they totally know.

It's okay if you don't have the best data...it's what you are doing with the students that counts more. Growth is the most important...not being number one on the list.

 It's okay for your classroom to get messy...I'm a SUPER clean freak and I've learned that when you have 25, 10 year olds it's not going to be clean all the time.

It's great to make friendships at school...some say not to get close to those you work with, but that's made it so much more amazing for me.

It's great to take from others expertise and share yours!

It's okay if you are cheesy! It comes with the job...just as long as you NEVER wear apples on any item of your clothing!

It's okay to cry when reading a picture book to your students...they may want to cry too.

It's okay to give LOTS and LOTS of hugs to the kiddos! They need them and so do I! :)

I'm so sad to leave the big 5th grade world, but I'm SO excited about what God has in store for me with the younger kiddos! I've learned so much and am so grateful.
I truly teach at the BEST school in America!

SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment