Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Getting Into Summer

If you know anything about me, I'm usually busy.
I've been this way my entire life.
Even when I was little I was involved in so much; dance, cheerleaing, church, social stuff and more.
This continued into high school and college. Working, sorority, gym time, clubs, and much  more.
And when I got married and got a big girl job nothing really changed with my business.
I've had a full time job, part-time job, church activities, cake baking, working out/training and much more for the past two years.
I wouldn't change any of this!
I'm very blessed to have a busy/great life!

I woke up my first day off of school about a week ago and had no idea what to do. I looked at the Mr. and said, "I don't have any plans...I don't have to be somewhere." I felt out of place. I felt weird. Then I thought about what the Mr. said to me, "LA, you've wanted a break for a while, just enjoy it!"
He's right. I have wanted a break. But I guess when I wanted a break I didn't think about what that would be like.  I'm starting to be okay with this break.
I've found many things to do. Lunch dates, tubing fun, rest, organizing, taking pictures, party planning, and so much more.
I need to slow down sometimes, that's what this break has taught me.
It's okay to have alot of activities in my life, but it's okay to just be still and rest.
Just wanted to share my little life lesson with you guys today. :) 

The Mr. and I had a great day today!
(It's really neat being home together, we haven't gotten sick of each other! :))
We usually go to our local Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings, well we remembered that it is open on Tuesday afternoons too! So we headed to check out what veggies were available! We were off on a little date!

Then we headed to a local diner/bakery for an early dinner! And came home with these sweets for later! :)
We love that there are so many unique places in our town.
Locally owned and grown is always the best!

When we got home our pups wanted to play!

Please excuse the fact that I don't have any make up on! But Ethel Bug looks cute! 
They love to play fetch in the back yard! Ethel just runs along...Lucy doesn't let her the toy much! 
Waiting on Mr. to throw the toy!

Overall I'm enjoyin' summer and this break I've been blessed with. I know come fall, I'll be begging asking for another break.

Happy Tuesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment